Monday, November 06, 2006

It's almost Thanksgiving.....

I talked to my mom this morning about what we would prepare for Thanksgiving this year. We want to try some new recipes, so I guess I need to start looking! With our family, we (about 50 of us) all go to our farmland that we call Heritage Acres, or lovingly "the cove" and spend the whole week of Thanksgiving. It's fun, the kids all play, ride 4 wheelers, just being kids. We have a fire ring we all sit around during the day and night. My great aunts and great uncles sit and tell stories, and reminisce about their lives. The land was my grandmother's, and she is now gone, but her memory lives there and we love it there.

This year I have so much to be thankful for:

1. My salvation
2. My husband
3. My children
4. The new life God blessed us with this year
5. My church family
6. His protection for us through the year
7. My country and my freedom
8. Financial blessings
9. My home
10.So much more than I can name.

No comments: